Friday, January 4, 2008

summer isn't summer anymore..

The hype about climate change, greenhouse gases and carbon offsetting schemes hasn't really gotten my full attention. Yes I'm all for doing simple things to conserve energy, but its difficult without seeing the benefits and effects straight away.

Sure I've noticed the weird effects on the environment - having spent the 2006 - 2007 ski season in a north eastern american ski resort. It not only freaked out the internationals there trying to earn enough money to scrape by, but the entire skiing town which heavily relied upon snow to sustain them through the rest of the year.

But the weather in sydney is changing my opinion about it all - it's definitely something I have noticed. Now its just the question of whether the weather is just changing, or the horrible effects human are having on the environment.

No comments: